The Satvik Stamp has been helping people identify that a product is free from animal ingredients . Registration with the mark gives brands the confidence to shout about their Satvik vegan credentials.
Applications will be accepted from companies spread world wide. If the application is approved and finalized, the application fee will be applied.
The process generally takes 4-6 weeks but may be longer for larger submissions or due to Long Category of Products/Services .
a) Opening meeting
b) Document review and evaluation
c) Plant inspection
d) Closing meeting
e) Audit report
5. Certification decision
1. The company submits completed application through an online form with the uploaded complete list of products and their ingredients and processing to Satvik Certifcation.
2. Information regarding shared machinery and machinery cleaning procedures (if applicable) must also be submitted.
3. We are happy to sign an NDA (non-disclosure agreement) by request.
4. Upon receipt, the application and the application fee, Satvik Certifcation will review the submission and any queries or additional paperwork requests will be forwarded to the applicant.
5. Products and all documentation will be reviewed, which may involve contact with the suppliers and manufacturers. This process often takes several weeks depending on the number of products submitted for review and the number of ingredients or processes.
6. After thorough review of the products and required documentation, Satvik Certifcation will reject the application or approve use of the Certification Mark for a 36-month period.
7. Satvik Certifcation will email an agreement for the company representative to review, sign and return.
8. Upon receiving the signed agreement and annual licensing fee payment, Satvik Certifcation will return the signed agreement as well as a certificate approving use of the Satvik certification mark for the approved products (not for the company). Additional products can be submitted for review anytime during the 36-month period at no extra charge.
9. Satvik Certifcation will issue Certification Mark artwork in a .gif, .tif, .jpeg and .eps format. The Certification Mark may not be altered in any way. The Certification Mark may not be used to represent a company, it represents individual products. A violation of these regulations will result in an immediate request to fix the error. If the Certification Mark is not correctly presented within twenty-one (21) days, Satvik India will terminate the use of the Certification Mark. Products incorrectly marked with the Certification Mark will be listed on the Satvik Certifcation website "Certification Alerts" to consumers.
10. The company gives Satvik Certifcation permission to list the company on our website. Additionally, only certified products may be promoted through our printed materials, online posts, recipes, articles, tabling events, giveaways and social media feeds. If product samples are submitted, Satvik Certifcation staff may consider them for inclusion in articles on our website and social media feeds.
11. After a period of 36-month, the company and approved list of products will be reviewed and a company representative will be required to sign an updated agreement and submit an annual licensing fee to continue using the Certification Mark for another 36-month period.
12. Companies are required to immediately notify Satvik Certifcation in writing when ingredients in any products bearing the Certification Mark change and submit new ingredient lists for verification and approval.
13. Companies must immediately notify Satvik Certifcation in writing if their company has changed addresses or website address, or is being purchased by another company (use of the Certification Mark on products DOES NOT automatically carry over if the business is purchased or transferred).
STEPS IN THE SATVIK CERTIFICATION PROCESS
1. The Certification Mark may not be displayed to represent a company or website, it may only represent the individual products that have been approved for use of the Mark. Companies using the Mark pursuant to these guidelines must also display in the primary and more prominent position, their own logo(s), business name, product names, or other branding.
2. The Mark should not be displayed on business cards or other marketing materials whereby the public may be misled into believing that an entire company is certified or endorsed by Satvik Certifcation.
3. The Mark should not be displayed on websites or marketing materials whereby the public may be misled into believing the company is a certifying body for the Certified Satvik Logo.
4. The Mark may not be copied or used as a design feature in any manner.
5. The Mark may not be used in a manner that would disparage Satvik Certifcation or our programs.
6.The Certification Mark must be used as provided by Satvik Certification with no changes, including but not limited to proportion, or design, or removal of any words or artwork. The Certification Mark may not be animated, morphed, or otherwise distorted in perspective or appearance.
7. The symbol may not be separated from the logotype. The words “Satvik Certified” must be included in the Certification Mark and may not be removed.
The Certification Mark may be printed on packaging of Approved Products, advertisements and websites as long as it is clear that the business is not being promoted by Satvik Certification nor that all of the business’ products are Satvik Certified (unless indeed all products produced by said company are Satvik Certified Vegan). Only the Approved Products can be indicated as Certified Vegan.
• The Certification Mark may be placed anywhere on the product packaging. There are no specific guidelines for Certification Mark location on individual packaging.
The Certification Mark may be used in required size as needed on the product packaging. There are no specific guidelines for Certification Mark size on individual packaging or websites.
The Certification Mark may be colored as needed on the product packaging as long as the symbol and words/logotype are visible. There are no specific guidelines for Certification Mark color on individual packaging.
A violation of these regulations will result in an immediate request to fix the error. If the Certification Mark is not correctly presented within twenty-one (21) days, Satvik Certification will terminate the use of the Certification Mark.
The Certification Mark is the property of the Satvik Certification & may be revoked under the following circumstance:
1. Failure to conform in any way to the certification agreement.
2. Non-payment of the licensing fee.
3. Misuse of Certification Mark on products not certified vegan. If at any time a Certified Product fails in more than an immaterial degree to conform to the standards and specifications that were the bases for the Certification, Licensee will immediately cease all use of the Certification Mark on its undistributed Certified Product units and immediately destroy all nonconforming materials in their possession containing the Certification Mark if Satvik Certifcation requests that they do so.
4. Licensee shall also immediately notify all distributors, advertisers, and customers who may have noncompliant Certified Product units and advertising therefor bearing the Certification Mark.
5. Licensee shall require all sublicensees to immediately destroy all nonconforming materials in their possession containing the Certification Mark if Satvik Certifcation requests that they do so.
The Satvik Certifcation reserves the right to assess a penalty fee to any company that is found in violation of the merchant agreement by misuse of the Certification Mark or by providing false or misleading information regarding ingredients and processing of product. Satvik Certifcation’s services and the rights of the Certification Mark are unique in character and value such that the loss thereof could not be reasonably compensable in damages in an action at law.
Satvik India does not permit companies to use language that implies that we recommend a product- “Certified (Vegan) by Satvik Certifcation ” is acceptable wording.
Any kind of queries / questions are welcomed with respect to the above stated content. Please contact us.